Monday, August 27, 2012

How to browse internet with wifi only in Nokia Asha 306

I just bought a Nokia Asha 306 mobile phone to one of my younger family members. Asha 306 is a nice looking touch screen phone with very friendly price (79 euros).

Very soon I was getting frustrated with it, because I could not start browsing internet without enabling mobile data connection (GPRS).

I spent two evenings frantically setting different kind of option/configuration variations with no luck. Finally, by typing the correct keywords to Google, I stumbled to Nokia forum where one poster had found out the correct settings to achieve browsing with wifi, without enabling mobile data connection.

See the original post here: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Asha-302-Software-issue-told-by-nokia-care-Wifi-is-not-working/td-p/1349321

Apparently the instructions are valid for Nokia Asha 302, Nokia Asha 305, Nokia Asha 306 and most likely with Nokia Asha 311 too.

Edit 2013-03-30 added screenshots:

1. Select "settings"
2. Select "configuration"

3. Select "web"


4. You can change to configuration name if you like

5. Go back and long press the menu button, then choose "activate".



6. Set the Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Net Connection to "Ask first". Next time you open your browser it will ask you the connection to use.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

install opera mini through pc suit :D

Anonymous said...

I cant browse even i have done what u said..please help me

Unknown said...

disable the sim internet...then wifi will work fine

Unknown said...

THanks its really really working thanks you very much.

Anonymous said...

Solved here please visit freinds

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141552


Sasquatch Man 666 said...

Thanks bro, now I can love my Asha