Sunday, December 27, 2009

How to fix LG tumble dryer error "EHE" or "ELE"

My LG brand tumble drier, model TD-C70210E, suddenly gave me error "EHE" just seconds after start. And of course the warranty period was passed just with one week, how likely is that?!

After testing, and after some "EHE" errors I also began to got "ELE" error code. The manual and internet didn't give any DIY solution for these, just advice to call LG repair service engineer. I also tried the "leave the drier door open and leave it like that for about one hour" solution, but it didn't work.

But luckily I solved my "EHE" error with this amazingly simple trick, that I found out myself.

1. Start the drier normally
2. Before the "EHE" error appears, open the drier door!
3. Because the door was opened during program, "dE" error is shown
4. Close the door and press "start/pause" to continue
5. Program will continue normally; problem fixed!

Before calling repair service, you should first try and test this really simple trick. It may also work for you!

Check out Angry Birds soda cans

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have forgotten to empty the water container, and then it got to full. It wasn't removed until I got home, and then it showed error code EHE. We would have tried the solution above but wasn't able to, because the error went of immediatly.

The solution was to start "cool drying" and you could hear the machine was filled with water and the water container filled up quickly. This fixed our machine.

Jussi said...

Thank you for the info. :) In my case, the error "EHE" (and also "ELE") was seen more and more often. Finally it changed completely to "ELE" and "BE". At that point the drum was not moving anymore. The reason was that the belt from motor was completely broken.

Anonymous said...

LG machines are direect drive as such no belts to break or change

Jussi said...

Yes, I have been told this before. However, one can easily find belts for LG machines with a simple web search, like: http://www.huoltopalvelu.com/lg-kuivaajan-hihna